Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Elusive Bird and the Pose For the Camera Squirrel

When walking dogs in suburbia, it's a luxury to walk under the shade of tree covered streets. At times I have the pleasure of walking in older neighborhoods with an abundance of trees, foliage, and wildlife. My favorite early morning walk takes me through a beautifully shaded neighborhood filled with a variety of wonderful birds.

Every day along the way I see Bluebirds, Robins, Sparrows, and Pigeons. I hear the beautiful songs of unknown birds in the trees overhead. The day I witnessed a family of Geese, parents and children crossing the street in size order, I made it my mission to capture some of this beauty on film.  Now I carry my camera on every morning walk with the hope of seeing the Geese again so I could take a family photo, or perhaps get some pictures of the other birds I see every day.

Maybe it's my photo skills, or my walking buddy who's quick movements tend to send the birds into flight, that are making this more difficult but I have yet to successfully photograph a single bird. Instead of the goose family perfectly lined up for a beautiful photo they have been hiding among the tall grass behind a fence. Birds are gone in a flash before I can snap a picture. Not one successful photo.

But the squirrels, they love the camera.  Yes, even when my puppy friend sends them scurrying up a tree they stop and pose! Long enough for me to get a one-handed shot with my small camera:


Although I have  yet to successfully photograph a bird (though I am still trying!) I am happy to know the squirrels will always pose for the camera.

1 comment:

  1. Squirrels are kinda "nutty" that way :)
    Barks and licks and love, Dakota

    ReplyDelete